SMR Cancellation


Based on the day-ahead weather forecast, the race-committee will decide if it is very likely weather conditions will prevent the regatta from being sailed on Saturday. In this case, the regatta will be postponed until Sunday, May 20, 2012. An announcement will be posted on the Lake Kegonsa Sailing Club’s web-site ( and as a recorded message at 608-233-9744 before 6:00pm on Friday, May 18, 2012.

When practicable, a decision to postpone or abandon a race or the Regatta for weather or other reasons on the day of the Regatta will be made by at least two hours before the scheduled time of each race. If either of the Championship Races are postponed, it and any other postponed races will be re-sailed on Sunday May 20, 2012. In that event, the race schedule and times will be announced at the landing, posted on the LKSC website, and made available at the phone number listed above before 6:00 pm Saturday. When the Championship is concluded, any postponed races will be abandoned.

Sailing in the races is done at your own risk. The Stoughton Chamber of Commerce will accept no responsibility, liability or sponsorship for this event. The Lake Kegonsa Sailing Club, Inc. will set up and conduct the race, but will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after a race. Individuals need to resolve any liability issues amongst themselves.

Race Headquarters is: 2271 Williams Point Drive, Stoughton, WI
Enter the above address at and you will get very good maps/directions.
or Click Here for Mapquest maps

Coast Guard Auxiliary will monitor the race

Information e-mail is