Whenever there is a Weather Watch or Warning there will be no race.
Wunderground Weather has a very nice wind and temperature display for each day. Click on Details under the day you are interested in.
WindMapper.com provides a very cool wind map.
Milwaukee National Weather Service homepage, where you will find numerous weather/wind related links. Individual links are below:
- Basic narrative forecast for Lake Kegonsa
- Detailed hourly forecast graph, including advanced wind parameters, for Lake Kegonsa
- Model Output Statistics for the North American Model for WI sites (updated every 12 hours around 10:30 AM/PM CDT)
- Model Output Statistics for the Global Forecast System model for WI sites (updated every 6 hours around 6:30 and 12:30 AM/PM CDT)
- Past 3 days of hourly weather observations for Madison
NWS Storm Prediction Center – your portal to severe weather forecasts and watches, as well as mesoscale observations:
- SPC mesoanalysis (choose either the Northern Plains or the Midwest sectors)
- Weather balloon soundings (data from 00 and 12 UTC / on the website around 8 AM and 8 PM CDT)
- RAMSDIS Online satellite imagery portal. Most of you will be looking for either the GOES East 4km visible or the 4km IR4 Infrared images.
Intellicast – The links from Intellicast below will help you determine whether to sail or whether to set up a race course. Loop times vary slightly but are usually 3 hours.
- WI/MN/IA/IL Radar Loop
Visible Clouds – Lets you know what kind of cloud cover to expect. There is a time lapse loop button.
- Doppler Radar Loop – Includes Weather Watch/Warning Boxes
- Water Vapor – Lets you know how much water may be available for rain or storms. There is a time lapse loop button.
- Wind Forecast
- Nexrad Radar Loop
- Storm Watch Loop
Unisys Weather – If you want to really get into weather, this is the site. This opens to a US map with all kinds of cool data selections. Click on “Home” to explore this fascinating site.
Accuweather – Really nice for hourly wind, temp and conditions.